Make this quick, light and delicious puff pastry recipe as appetizer or as a quick kids after school snack. Replace mint chutney with kids favorite ketchup for a tangy twist.
Potatoes and Cheese Pinwheel
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 large potato boiled mashed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- 4 tbsp mint chutney
- Flour for dusting
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Season they mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry evenly to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread out mint chutney evenly on the puff pastry. Leave 1/4 inch on the edges without chutney.
- Spread out the mashed potatoes mixture evenly on top of the chutney.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the potato mixture.
- Wet the edges of the puff pastry with water.
- Start rolling the puff party tightly till the end. Seal the end with water.
- Place the puff pastry roll in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will help when cutting the roll.
- Pre heat oven to 425C. Spray foil with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- Remove the rolled puff pastry from the freezer. Use a sharp knife and cut the roll into 1/2 inch rounds. Place them on the prepared baking sheet 2 inch apart.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or room temperature with ketchup.