Roasted chickpeas are delicious, crispy and crunchy alternative to potato chips. They are low in fat and high in fiber and nutrition. Use different blends of spices for a different taste every time.
Roasted Chickpeas with Paprika and Cumin
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place drained chickpeas on a paper towel and pat dry completely. Make sure they are very well dry otherwise the chickpeas will not turn crispy.
- Place them on the baking sheet and add oil and other seasonings. Rub the seasoning well on the chickpeas.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip and toss the chickpeas. Put the tray back and bake for another 15-20 minutes until they are crispy.
- Cool and store them in a tight container for 1-2 days. If stored longer they might lose their crispiness.